The Upward Basketball program aims to develop the total athlete – mentally, spiritually and socially. Participants learn to play basketball in a safe and rewarding environment, while also playing competitive, full-court games. Practices begin in December with games every Saturday, January through March. There are coaching, supporting and administrative volunteer positions open to help reach the many kids that will walk through our doors.
We’ll never turn a child away. And we always need assistant coaches, as well as volunteers for every area of the experience. If you would like to volunteer, please visit the Upward Volunteer Page.
Registration Cost: $75/child*
- The registration cost per child for basketball is $75.
- Basketball shorts are optional at a cost of $15.
- *All fees are non-refundable once uniforms are ordered.
- Click on UpwardForm-2019_CrossroadsChurch to download the registration form.
- Fill out, sign, and bring the form to an evaluation night. (Printed forms will also be available at evaluations.)
- You may also bring registration forms to Crossroads Church during office hours: Tues, Wed, & Thurs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. located at 717 US Highway 27 North, Marshall, MI 49068.
Evaluations: Everyone MUST attend one basketball evaluation.
- Evaluations for boys & girls grades K-4: Monday, October 28 @ 6-7:30 p.m.
- Evaluations for boys & girls grades 5-8: Wednesday, October 30 @ 6-7:30 p.m.
- Evaluations for boys & girls ALL grades: Friday, November 1 @ 6-7:30 p.m.
Registration Deadline: December 1, 2019**
- **Registrations after December 1st incur a $20.00 late fee.
Practices Begin: Week of Monday, December 2, 2019
- Coaches will contact players about day/time of practice.
Games Begin: Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Coaches will contact players about time of games.
- Games run from mid-January thru mid-March on Saturdays.
Awards Celebration: Sunday, March 8, 2020
You can contact Silvia Blossom with any questions you have!