NOTE FROM PASTORS SCOTT & CLARE:
If the transformation of our lives is central to the message of the Gospel, it will undoubtedly be central to discipleship at Crossroads Church. We are being conformed into the image of Christ from one stage of glory to another. All of us learn how to lay our lives down and take up our Cross as we are transforming; reflecting the One who wraps a towel around his waist, washes feet, and takes up his Cross, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear Crossroads Family,
Thank you for putting our most vulnerable church family members FIRST! We believe you have and will continue to lay your lives down for one another. You are the best!
As an eldership team, we reviewed your input, and have had conversations with all who asked for them. We have met with Crossroads members who work for schools and colleges, as well as business leaders, state officials, and medical experts to prepare for our "soft launch" inside. Why do we call it a soft launch? Because we will experience church as a family inside as we also continue to discern our way forward week-by-week. We look forward to enjoying the journey together with you!
As of right now, we are meeting IN-PERSON & ONLINE weekly.
Crossroads is devoted to building a testimony in our community and across Michigan. We will continue to let the last be first, leave the 99 for the1! We respectfully ask our healthy members to care for our vulnerable members in the Crossroads family and our greater community for the time we are together each Sunday.
Our congregation’s children who are attending local schools are required to quarantine when exposed to the virus. In deference to our working families' complexities, we will experience church inside the same way our schools are gathering. We discerned that wearing a mask in gatherings is the least we can do to help our families and our community during these unprecedented times.
(sidebar- Online & In-person Small Groups are available now! (click here for info))
We respectfully ask those who have concerns about attending in-person, and individuals or families of individuals who may be exhibiting symptoms, to please continue to worship with us online.
For those attending service inside the building,
our "Culture of Care" Practices are:
Before coming to church on Sunday
- Please go through this simple health screen questionnaire before you come to church. Click here
Together in the building
- Online reservations are required for attendance. Your reservation will help our team efficiently prepare space for you in our Café Style approach. Reservations for limited seating will be available beginning at 8 a.m. the Wednesday before the Sunday service.
- Masks are required during the entire service. Children who are of pre-school age or younger are exempt from this requirement.
- Please maintain 6-feet of physical distance at all times. We will provide a mindful and safe environment for everyone. Now more than ever you are being invited to "love your neighbor as yourself."
- Families may sit with each other in FAMILY "pods."
- Family & individual seating "pods" will be safely distanced.
- Children must be with an adult at all times.
- We will make our services as "touch-free" as possible. Learn more here.
- Elbow bumps and air hugs only at this time, please.
- In the unexpected event of a Crossroads Family Member contracts COVID we will follow the CDC guidelines to protect the greater community. Learn more here.
CR KIDS CHURCH
- For now, all ages will gather in the Main Auditorium or "The Family Room." Sunday services will include a short kid's message in addition to a short adult message with G-rated interactive content!
- For our children and families joining us from home we also have NEW weekly videos & discussion guides that can be accessed anytime on our CR KIDS web page here.
- You can also register for a FREE CRKids Craft Kit to be delivered to your home to allow your families to participate with the Sunday CRKids Message & activity during the service!
Thank you for helping us create a culture of care in our community!
We so appreciate your grace and commitment to guidelines you may or may not agree with. Please rest assured we are all giving up something, all gaining something, and we will continually revise our processes for weekend worship gatherings. As always, we hear you and take your feedback to our discernment community to pray and ultimately endeavor to listen to God.
Click here to see how we will keep the church clean and ready for you to worship.
We so look forward to seeing you in-person and on-line*!
*Each Sunday we have a designated Online Pastor who is present in the chat feature on our Facebook page. You can ask for prayer and connect with that pastor during the [LIVE] stream of the service!
Thank you for staying connected Sundays online, in-person or in our parking lot, in small groups, and financially. Because of you, the Crossroads family continues to bring God's Kingdom by preaching the Good News and Mission Outreach.
As always, please contact us anytime if you have any questions!
With love and care,
Scott and Clare for the Elders, Pastors and Ministry Team