We hope to:
Move kids to LOVE GOD by inciting WONDER
Move kids to LOVE LIFE by provoking DISCOVERY
Move kids to LOVE OTHERS by fueling PASSION
“‘. . . with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matthew 22:37-39, NIV
6-8th grader join in worship in the Main Auditorium and then head upstairs for a small group time of messages and activities in the Café.
Our volunteers spend their time engaging them in discussions about important questions and encouraging middle schoolers to ask questions about God, themselves and the world around them.
NINE CORE INSIGHTS FOR PREK
- DESIGN of God’s Creation. What I see around me reveals a Creator who cares about me.
- IDENTITY based on God’s Image. I am created in the image of God and have unique potential and worth.
- CONNECTION because of God’s Love. I live in pursuit of an infinite God who desires an eternal relationship with me.
- FAITH in God’s Son. I believe in Jesus and will continue to trust Him even when life doesn’t make sense.
- TRANSFORMATION by the power of God’s Spirit. God’s Spirit is transforming my unique and imperfect life into the character of Jesus.
- TRUTH according to God’s Message. What Jesus said and did impacts how I should respond to God’s Word in my everyday life.
- RESTORATION through participating in God’s Story. I am designed to participate in God’s story to restore a broken and hurting world.
- COMPASSION that reflects God’s Character. My faith in Christ is revealed by my compassion and care for others.
- COMMUNITY in the context of God’s Family, I choose to live in the complexities of family and community because God values them.
CHECK OUT EVENTS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL
Girls group for 6th-8th graders meets two times/month after church for friendship, faith & fun! Lunch is provided and friends are always welcome! Want to come? Contact Stacey for more info, or sign up to attend here!
It will be a safe & caring environment where Middle School students can be themselves and build friendships with their church youth family!
We will have pizza, snacks, pop…fun foods they love…a short (15-minute) message of love and encouragement and then LOTS of free hangout time to do whatever activities they enjoy with their fellow students. We will have two den parents who will keep the food flowing, be available for any needs, and then help the kids clean up the space at the end of the night. I (Stacey) will be the event host and be present to keep the space safe, loving, and fun!
Resources for Middle School families:
PARENT CUE APP
This free app gives parents weekly cues that are aligned with the content in these video presentations.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ANXIETY CONVERSATION GUIDE
Helping a child with anxiety is a challenge. Here are practical ways to help your child.